- Wednesday 11 October 2017
Wade Workshop 2 – Networking and Pitching
Venue: Melbourne School of Design, Singapore Theatre
Presented by the Wade Institute, this super interactive masterclass and workshop we will teach you one of the most important skills in an entrepreneur (and graduate’s) toolkit — how to tell your story, pitch your product, and persuade an audience of 1 to 100.
- Thursday 19 October 2017
Endeavour Adventure invites primary and high school students and teachers to the University of Melbourne campus, offering them exclusive access to the Endeavour Exhibition and the opportunity to participate in exciting workshops and lab tours.
- Thursday 19 October 2017
Endeavour Engineering & IT Exhibition
One of the largest showcase of engineering and IT graduate student projects in Victoria, this annual event is attended by over 7,500 people. Our innovative projects tackle industry problems, improve processes and have significant commercial applications. They represent a wide range of disciplines and are developed over a year long period by our students in collaboration with industry, government and the community sector.
Wilson Hall & South Lawn
University of Melbourne
Wilson Avenue, Parkville
- Thursday 19 October 2017
Endeavour Industry and Awards Night
This is a Melbourne School of Engineering flagship event, showcasing cutting-edge engineering and IT projects designed by our talented graduate students at the University of Melbourne. Industry and friends of the Melbourne School of Engineering are invited to an exclusive viewing of the exhibition and meet with our students and staff. This will be followed by an Awards Ceremony.
Our design projects
The innovative projects presented at the Endeavour Exhibition tackle industry problems, improve processes and have significant commercial applications. They are developed over a year long period by our students in collaboration with industry, government, the community sector and different departments within the university.
Projects exhibited at the 2016 Endeavour Engineering and IT Exhibition
- Biomedical Engineering (PDF File 1.8 MB)
- Chemical Engineering (PDF File 1.0 MB)
- Computing and Information Systems (PDF File 1.4 MB)
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering (PDF File 2.4 MB)
- Infrastructure Engineering (PDF File 1.5 MB)
- Mechanical Engineering (PDF File 2.8 MB)
- Mechatronics (PDF File 1.6 MB)
Endeavour offers you the opportunity to take part in one of the largest events held at the University of Melbourne.
Road to Endeavour Social Media Prize
Students who have registered for Endeavour are invited to apply for the ‘Road to Endeavour’ Social Media Prize. Finalists will share their project journey in a series of vlogs and go into the draw to share in a prize pool of $2,000.
Application forms and judging procedures are now available:
Exhibit your project
Wednesday 20 September 2017, close of business.
Exhibitor deadlines and information
Further key documents and information can be found on the LMS community.
The Endeavour Program also offers a number of workshops to assist you in the lead up to the Exhibition event.
Presentation audio and slides
Engineering & IT students who are not in their final year are invited to participate in our volunteering program, you can gain extracurricular experience, network with industry, and meet some of the University of Melbourne’s senior academics. It is also a fantastic way to give back to the community.
- Involvement in one of the largest engineering events in Victoria
- Gain leadership experience and skills development
- Certificate of recognition
- Beneficial for your CV
- Opportunity to network with final year students, academics and industry representatives.
Please stay tuned, more details coming soon. If you have any questions, contact us on email@example.com
Endeavour Ambassador Program
The Endeavour Ambassador Program offers successful applicants the opportunity to be involved in the Endeavour Program in the lead up to the Exhibition event. You will have the opportunity to engage with stakeholders, develop your leadership skills, be part of an exciting and renowned event and take away with you some important life skills.
- There are eight ambassador positions available.
- The program starts from week 5 (21 August 2017) and ends week 12 (20 October 2017).
- We will work towards assigning you with tasks and responsibilities that most interests you, but please keep in mind this cannot be 100% guaranteed.
- Your contact hours and tasks will largely depend on your availability.
- Gaining stakeholder and leadership skills that you can take into the next step in your career.
- Having the opportunity to work with a range of stakeholders.
- Representing a renowned brand in the Engineering industry.
- You will receive a certificate of recognition, which you can add to your portfolio of experience.
- A (pretty cool) Endeavour shirt which you can keep as a momentum of your Endeavour experience.
To be eligible for the Endeavour Ambassador Program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Current student of Melbourne University (preferably in the first year of your Master’s degree, final year is also acceptable).
- Be able to commit to the Ambassador Program for the specified time period above (again, hours will depend on your availability).
- Be available during week 12 on the days leading up to the Endeavour event, as well as the event day (Thursday 19 October).
Applications now closed.
Our Schools and Community program play a large role in the events of Endeavour. We seek to inspire the community and future generations to explore the innovative, and rapidly expanding realm of engineering and IT. Through a series of carefully designed workshops, we show students how engineering and IT impact the world.
We invite schools to participate in:
- Endeavour Adventure
- Engineering & IT Endeavour Exhibition
For more information, please contact:
Photography by Samuel Richards
Endeavour is an annual series of events that culminates in a public exhibition of Engineering and IT student projects in October.
These events attract a wide range of visitors including industry guests, community, students and staff of the University and future students.
Endeavour offers industry a range of opportunities to engage with the Melbourne School of Engineering and its students.
Why sponsor us
Launched in 2010, the Endeavour program has grown exponentially with the Endeavour Engineering and IT Exhibition being one of the largest annual events held at the University of Melbourne. The exhibition attracts visitors from industry, high schools, the university community, as well as the media and general public.
Thanks to the generosity of our sponsors, we are back to launch Endeavour and are expecting to see if grow bigger than ever.
In 2016 our engineering and IT students showcased 150 innovative research and design projects and this year, we look forward to expanding the exposure and awareness of Endeavour amongst the wider community, continuing to attract media exposure and build stronger industry connections.
Endeavour can provide you with the opportunity to:
- Gain significant brand exposure
- Collaborate with Australia’s leading university on future research and design projects
- Network with our bright engineering and IT graduate students
- Foster an ongoing relationship with the University of Melbourne
Discover Engineering and IT innovation
The Endeavour Program, supported by the Melbourne School of Engineering, and coordinated by the Endeavour Project Management team, consists of a series of events focused on inspiring industry, the community and school students about the exciting future of engineering and IT.
Our flagship event, the Endeavour Exhibition, showcases over 140 design and research projects developed by University of Melbourne graduate engineering and IT students. The exhibition attracts over 7,500 visitors, bringing together industry and students in an exciting arena of engineering and IT innovation.
Through our series of events, we aim to:
- Provide a platform for industry to engage with our graduate students and discover their creative and innovative approaches to solving the challenges of our time.
- Promote engineering and IT within schools and the broader community