About the award
The Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarEST) is the international professional body and learned society for all marine professionals.
The IMarEST Endeavour Award, established in 2015, will consist of one first prize of $2,500 to one final-year student project team participating in the 2020 Endeavour Engineering & IT Exhibition. The award is open to project teams from any department.
The winning project teams must demonstrate at least one of the following applications of their projects in:
- Engineering that may have application in a marine environment, hydrodynamics, oceanography or fluid mechanics. Students must demonstrate how the outcomes of their project will benefit these disciplines if the project does not directly involve those disciplines.
- Renewable energies in the marine environment. Students must demonstrate how the outcomes of their project will benefit these disciplines if the project does not directly involve those disciplines.
- Quality of the research/design work.
- Demonstration of technical engineering skill.
- Relevance to the discipline of hydrodynamics, marine engineering, oceanography, fluid mechanics or renewable energies.
To apply, submit the completed application form in PDF format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 5pm Friday 25 September 2020.
Award process and timeline
- Friday 25 September 2020
Endeavour project groups to submit the completed application by no later than 5:00pm, Friday 25 September 2020. Submissions must use the application forms provided converted to PDF format and send via email to email@example.com
- Monday 5 October 2020
Judging panel to shortlist projects. Short-listed project teams will be notified to assist with preparation for the pitch.
- Tuesday 13 October 2020
Pitching period begins
Short-listed project teams will ‘pitch’ their project in a short presentation to the judging panel via video meeting.
The judging process is limited to:
A maximum of 15-minutes for each project group. Each project group will be asked to deliver the following:
- 3-minute introduction of team members
- 3-minute project pitch
- 5–8 minute Q&A to respond to your questions
- Monday 19 October 2020
Pitching period ends
- Tuesday 27 October 2020
Winners Announced at the Endeavour Industry & Awards Night
All enquiries can be directed to the Endeavour team at firstname.lastname@example.org.